The Chinese electronics company TCL has launched its latest mid-range phone that supports 5G technology. Currently, this model is the most advanced version of its predecessors in every aspect. TCL 20 Pro works on the Android 11 version with the TCL user interface skin. The model comprises a Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G processor and provides 256 GB built-in storage and it is expandable through micro SDXC. TCL 20 Pro 5G phone has an impressive design and a 6.67-inches FHD curved AMOLED screen. And its refresh rate is 60Hz.
How’s the Camera Quality of 20 Pro?
This latest model of TCL has a 48 MP f/1.79 aperture main camera with a ½” Quad Bayer sensor, 0.8 micrometers. It has an ultra-wide 16 MP f/2.4 aperture camera comes with a 1/3.06” sensor. Plus, a 5 MP f/2.2 aperture macro lens camera comes with a 1/5” sensor. Well, as you can see, it doesn’t offer you a great rear quality which makes it hard to recommend.
Price and Availability
The price of the TCL 20 Pro 5G smartphone has been launched in Europe at EUD 549 and EUD 499 in the UK. If we convert the price into USD it will become nearly USD 667 and comes with a single configuration of 6GB/256 GB memory. However, this model has not been launched in the US yet, so we can’t say accurately about its price in the US. But TCL has announced that it may launch in the US later this summer. So, to confirm the price, we need to wait for it to be launched in the US.
How’s the Battery Life
The TCL 20 Pro comes with a 4500 mAh built-in battery. As it seems a great performer on demonstrations but it’s not really. If you would play some moderate games consistently, perform web browsing and video capturing, it would last for nearly 6 hours. But low phone usage will increase this number. However, this model has a super battery saver mode which increases the battery life. But in this mode, you can use very limited apps like the message, dialer, and settings app. Additionally, it doesn’t offer a fast-charging facility which is another drawback of this phone. Even though, it supports wireless charging up to 15W.
What’s Good About 20 Pro and What’s Not So Good?
What’s Nice About This Phone?
- It offers you precise target exposure on indoor or outdoor images and video shots.
- This 20 Pro 5G model gives you fast and correct autofocus for images and videos.
- Great design.
- Gives you fine details on close-range (zoom) indoor and outdoor pictures.
- This phone clicks some fantastic pictures with precise depth estimation and nice blur intensity.
- Effective front-facing camera.
- Wireless charging.
- Plus, it offers you a neutral white balance in every video.
- You will get nicely controlled noise in outdoor and indoor video shots.
What’s Not So Nice About the 20 Pro?
- It offers you a confined dynamic range for low-light and indoor pictures.
- Well, white balance casts generally visible in pictures.
- This phone provides you a low exposure in flash-off pictures.
- It gives low details while capturing video or images from long-range zoom.
- Often, autofocus fails in low-light.
- It provides great frameshifts in every video.
- It is a costly phone for what you get.
- Average battery life.
- Poor rear cameras.